A memorandum of cooperation was signed on 1394/1/25 between the college of engineering and the Nia ventilation company in order to develop cooperation between the school of mechanical engineering and Nia company for making optimal use of mutual scientific-research capacities.
The purpose of ratification of this memorandum is to build a basis of scientific-industrial cooperation and its development, using all sources of parties including human resources, technical and library information. Also, this Memorandum has been concluded in order to achieve the following objectives:
- Assist in conducting research projects by using the School abilities in the form of specific contracts.
- Benefiting from facilities of each other such as intellectual, experimental, research, laboratory, workshop, library, international communication, physical space and research spaces in the form of distinct and separate contracts
- Collaboration in holding joint conferences, seminars, conferences and workshops on relevant topics
- Implementation of professional courses, apprenticeships, and internships of college students at the company
- Conducting research in the form of research projects and graduate studies
Also to meet cooling needs of the school of mechanical engineering, a centrifuge chiller was donated by Nia ventilation company with a high-performance coefficient of COP = 9 and over 12 billion Rials of value.
It must be mentioned that part of the electricity required for this chiller (about 10%) will be supplied by solar power absorption and conversion to electricity using photovoltaic panels. This hybrid system is the first to be used in the country and the region. This project will be done at the School of Mechanical Engineering of the College of Engineering of the University of Tehran for the first time as another honor of the School of Mechanical Engineering.