Before applying, we advise that candidates carefully read the admission requirements, deadlines, required documents, and application procedure.
- Have earned, or to be in the process of earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a comparable engineering or science program from an accredited institute
- Hold a minimum Bachelor-degree GPA of 14 out of 20 (2.8 out of 4.0)
- Hold a minimum IELTS score of 6 or a minimum TOEFL score of 70, for students whose first language is not English
October 1, 2018
June 1, 2019
September 15, 2019
September 23, 2019
The deadlines above refer to applications for the 2019‒2020 academic year for which we are now accepting applications.
- Resume or CV, including detailed information about previous education, publications, and work experience
- Scanned copy of Bachelor's degree, High School Diploma, and any other related degree(s)
- Scanned copy of official transcripts for all degrees translated into English
- Scanned copy of TOEFL or IELTS test scores
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic capabilities
- Scanned copy of the first page of applicant´s passport
- A recent passport-size color photograph
- Proof of financial sufficiency for at least one academic year
Tuition fee for international students is 2300 USD per semester. The tuition fee does not include accommodation, food, textbooks, medical insurance, and other living costs. Members of the immediate family of students studying at the same time at the University of Tehran and paying a tuition fee, are offered significant discount on their tuition.
The School of Mechanical Engineering offers partial/full scholarships to a selected number of academically eligible students.
All the required documents should be sent to the program director via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your referees should send their letters of recommendation directly to the program director using their institutional email addresses. Decision letters will go out electronically to all applicants.
- Required documents should be submitted in one package.
- The original copies of academic certificates, official transcripts, and English language test scores will be required during the registration.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the all application materials, including letters of recommendation, are submitted by the announced deadline.