University of Tehran provides international students with high-quality accommodation in four recently constructed apartment buildings, near the main campus of the university, one for female students and three for male students. Our dormitories are three- to six-bedroom apartments. In each apartment, there are facilities such as basic furniture, dinner table, carpet, iron, television set, wireless internet access, and air conditioning. All rooms are furnished with beds, wardrobes, closets, desks, and chairs consistent with the number of students in each room. Each apartment has a kitchen, equipped with a gas stove, microwave over, basic dished and cutlery, sink, and hood. There is a refrigerator in each room. All buildings have shared laundry facilities, available to residents free of charge. Cleaning and maintenance is provided by trained personnel.
Students who have special requirements such as, but not limited to, special soaps, washing products, personal medical equipment, etc., please think ahead and come prepared. Local shops are within walking distance and students are able to shop for themselves, yet, make sure you have all your absolutely crucial belongings for your first week. Keep in mind that most shops in Tehran do not accept foreign currency. Our international residence buildings provide opportunities for students to become part of a diverse residential learning community that promotes personal growth and development. Living in such an environment is filled with the challenges and excitement of living and learning. The Office of Student and Cultural Affairs is responsible for the social, recreational, and cultural programs for residents; the management of residence halls; and the implementation of residential policies and procedures. Student activities are also planned by this office.
The dormitory fees are as follows:
Fee per month
These fees are subject to change annually.
Student visas are arranged by the University of Tehran. After receiving an offer of admission and accepting it, the candidates are expected to register via the online portal of the Student Affairs Organization at http://saorg.ir:8081. To complete the online registration, candidates should submit a scanned copy of the following document in JPG format:
- Personal photo (maximum file size of 50 kb)
- Passport (maximum file size of 100 kb)
- Graduation certificate (maximum file size of 100 kb)
Upon completion of the registration process on the portal, candidates receive an ID Code. Send the ID Code and your tracking number to the International Students Office of the university by email (email@example.com). This office will then arrange for the candidate's visitor visa. The processing time of students' visitor visa applications is normally one to two months. If the application is approved, candidates can pick up their visitor visas from one of the Islamic Republic of Iran's Embassies or Consulates abroad or upon arrival at the International Imam Khomeini Airport.
Students can enter Iran with the visitor visa. Within two working days after their arrival, students are required to apply for a two-year residency permit at the International Students Office of the University of Tehran. The staff at the International Students Office speak English and students will not have any problems applying for their residency permits. Students are not required to apply for separate visas to reenter the country during their two-year residency in Iran.
- Citizens of Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Georgia, Armenia, Venezuela, Egypt, and Malaysia are exempt from visa obligation. Students from these countries are not required to obtain a visitor visa to travel to Iran.
- Citizens of the United States of America, England, Canada, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, India, Bangladesh, and Somalia cannot obtain their visitor visa from Imam Khomeini International Airport. Students from these countries should obtain their visitor visa from an Iranian embassy or consulate office abroad.
- Citizens of other countries can obtain their visitor visas upon arrival at the Imam Khomeini International Airport.
- Visa processing for the citizens of the United States of America and Canada may take up to four months. Students from these countries are required to submit their applications by 15 January 2019.
- Those who have Israeli visas or Israeli entry/exit stamps in their passports are refused entry into Iran and will be deported.
- The Islamic Republic of Iran government considers Iranians with citizenships of other countries as Iranian citizens only.